Kellie joined HGR in 2008 after working as assistant general counsel to a Crown Corporation in Regina and general counsel to quick service restaurant chain in Calgary. In Kellie’s professional life, she has practical experience in many areas of corporate and commercial law that are important to businesses of all sizes and industries. Kellie is involved in the legal aspects of setting up and organizing partnerships and corporations including professional corporations, buying and selling businesses, contract drafting and review, reorganizations, commercial leasing and shareholder agreements. In addition to working with her business clients, Kellie enjoys advising her not-for-profit and charitable clients on matters relating to structure, governance and the ever-evolving landscape of compliance.
Kellie enjoys being an active citizen in our community having been involved with the Orillia District Chamber of Commerce and Lake Country Rotary. Currently, Kellie is a member of Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital’s Ethics Committee and serves on the Risk Committee for Orillia Area Community Development Corporation as well being a director of Mariposa Folk Foundation.
- Legal Education: University of Windsor (B.A. 1996) University of Windsor (LL.B 2001)
- Admitted to Bar: 2002
- Areas of Practice: Corporate/Commercial, Charities and Not-for-Profit Law, Real Estate, Franchises
- Member of Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital’s Ethics Committee
- Risk Committee for Orillia Area Community Development Corporation
- Director of Mariposa Folk Foundation.