John joined HGR Lawyers in June, 2007 and became a partner in 2013. He focuses his practice in the areas of corporate / commercial law and commercial real estate and he advises clients in a wide variety of business and real estate related matters.
John attended Port McNicoll Public School and Midland Secondary School before completing his undergraduate degree in History and English Literature at Queen’s University in 2003. He then attended the University of Windsor Law School and obtained his LL.B. in 2006. John articled at Aird & Berlis LLP, a downtown Toronto law firm, before being called to the bar in 2007.
John is currently on the board of directors for the Georgian Bay General Hospital Foundation and the philanthropy committee of the YMCA of Simcoe / Muskoka. He is a past President of the Southern Georgian Bay Chamber of Commerce and has served on the Board of Directors for the YMCA of Simcoe / Muskoka. He enjoys coaching his son’s minor hockey league team and is an avid boater, golfer and weekend warrior hockey player.
John, his wife Sarah and their three children live in Midland.
- Legal Education: Queen’s University (B.A.H. 2003), University of Windsor (LL.B. 2006)
- Admitted to Bar: 2007
- Areas of Practice: Corporate/Commercial, Real Estate, Municipal Law
- Volunteer Coach with Midland Minor Hockey
- Member – Board or Directors for the Southern Georgian Bay Chambers of Commerce
- Speaker’s Bureau – Buying or Selling a Business – What You Need to Know